HONORING WWII VETERANS
AS THE GRAND MARSHALLS
9:00 - Veterans Arrive at Centier Bank for continental breakfast.
9:30 - Antique Cars Arrive
9:45 - Antique cars line up at the front entrance of the bank
10:00 - Veterans get into antique cars.
10:15 - Parade unit gets into parade line.
10:30 - Parade starts
11:30 - Parade ends
VETERANS AND CARS COMING FROM KOKOMO/TIPTON
7:30 - Meet in Tipton Courthouse Square
8:00 - Depart Tipton
- Patriot Guard Motorcycle Riders will provide escort to parade.
- Feel free to decorate the cars which will carry the WWII veterans.
9:00 - Arrive at Centier Bank in Carmel
Click HERE to see parade, staging area and visitor seating maps.
- There will be a continental breakfast served at Centier bank from 9-10:00 for
the WWII Veterans
- A McDonalds is two buildings east of Centier bank where visitors and family
memberS can dine.
- The WWII veterans will meet at Centier bank located at 568 E. Carmel Drive.
- Since the bank has limited seating, we are requesting that only
veterans and those that need to assist the veterans come inside the
WATCHING THE PARADE
- An area has been designated one block west of Centier bank for visitors to
watch the parade.
- This area is located at the corner of AAA way and East Carmel drive.
- See map on attached page for exact location.
- Bring chairs if you want to sit.
For any questions regarding the WWII veterans grand marshalls,
contact Michael Poulimas at 765-500-0070 or email me at MJP1414@Yahoo.com.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
Veterans should bring the following with them to the parade.
- WWII Hat
- Picture poster received during Indy honors flight.
If you do not have one, we an make one for you
- The parade route is 2 miles long.
- The length of the parade is 1 hour.
- Over 50,000 spectators will watch the parade.
- The parade is the second largest in Indiana. Only the 500 festival
parade is larger.
- Several local TV stations will be covering the parade.
- A reviewing stand will be at the end of the parade route which
where information will be given about the WWII veterans.
- Photographers will be taking pictures of the WWII veterans at
the staging area and during the parade.
- Pictures will be posted on this website after the parade and can
be downloaded for free.
- Click HERE to see the pictures.